I’m hearing this stuff WAY too much lately:
- I’m not smart enough for that
- I’m not ready for that yet
- I want to but this is outside of my area of my expertise
- I want to, but I can’t because of my job
- When I get this degree/certification then I’ll be ready for that dream (this one is my biggest pet peeve)
These phrases are tiring to me.
If they start coming out of your mouth, just stop.
- You’re good enough. Really.
- You’re more than smart enough (turn off the damn TV you’ll be 50% smarter in 10 mins)
- Your job isn’t working, find another one. Not some day. Today.
- Your degree isn’t your ticket to success
The time to do that thing is now.
Get off of your ass and go do it.